106-11 LIBERTY AVENUE, Suite 202, OZONE
ALBERT BALDEO FOR CITY COUNCIL
(718) 323-0791* Fax (718)
I AM RUNNING FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
We must turn the page. Together, we must
chart a new course for our
district. Let us remember why we are the greatest democracy in the
We demand change! More than ever before, each vote cast
for Albert, is a
vote for progress and a change for all of us-our children, our
neighbors and our community. Like you, I am fed up!
your "breath of fresh air," because
my candidacy is not controlled by special interests and lobbyists, but
passion to serve our district. Our district has been neglected for too
and I will work hard for everyone in this district, so that we can have
better standard of life, and everyone can truly live the American
- Unemployment in the City is the highest
it's been since 1993 -10.3%.
- Water rates have risen 98%.
- Property taxes have increased by 40%.
- MTA fares have increased, and services
reduced or cut, while public transportation remains a major issue.
- We desperately need affordable housing to
stem the exodus from our state.
- Homelessness in the City has risen over 9%
since 2005 to a new high record number - over 12,000 people.
- We have 15,000 children sleeping in our
City's shelters every night, while more and more seniors are
- Our veterans are not getting the help they
- Our hospitals are being closed, while health
care insurance is sky rocketing.
- Rent increases are squeezing the working
class out of our neighborhoods.
- Foreclosures are destroying our communities.
- Parents have been denied a voice in our
children's education-they are being taught to take tests, while arts,
music, physical education, class trips, civics are unwisely being
overlooked in favor of more test preparation.
- Our neighborhood parks are in a state of
- Working families are leaving the city because
they can no longer afford to live here.
- While working families struggle to make ends
meet, the City's top managerial employees roll in $69 million in
- Our schools are unbearably overcrowded, while
school aides are being laid off.
- Our environment is not getting the attention
it deserves, as green jobs and sustainability are not being adequately
- Overdevelopment is ruining our neighborhoods
and overwhelming our communities with hideous, out of character
- Air and noise pollution, polluted land and
traffic congestion cry out for reform.
list goes on and on.
all, there is no
Republican, Democratic, Conservative or Independent way to pick up the
or to serve your constituents. We must all do the work of the people.